The modeling and simulation of dynamic systems is a really interesting subject because one can find out how a system would behave in real life by describing it mathematically or in other words creating a mathematical model which then in turn can be used for a simulation of the whole system by giving it inputs and reading the outputs.
In this case I have simulated a DC servo mechanism where on the input I add voltage and measure the output rotational velocity of the motor. The simulation is done in Matlab/Simulink and the whole process is documented in a PDF file in Macedonian language, I am working on having it translated but for now I will upload that version.
The process of modeling and simulation of dynamic systems includes the following steps:
- We have a physical system we want to simulate
- We create a simplified physical model from it
- From the physical model we develop a mathematical model
- We use the mathematical model to build the Simulink model
- We enter all the parameters of that describe the system
- We simulate and observe the results